Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You Can Make a Difference

It's weird to think. I'm coming to the end of my serving for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. I've come in contact with many people, wondering why I would leave my home for two years. Not being able to call home except on Mothers Day and Christmas and only write home once a week. They are shocked to hear that I don't get paid, but pay to do what I'm doing, visiting, teaching, knocking on doors knowing that I could get the door slammed, being sworn at, or threatened to have the cops called if we ever come back . People wonder why I would do and go through such a thing. Let me tell you.
I can make a difference! Myself along with 52,000 other missionaires bring one of the most glorious messages of all time. "Through a modern
prophet, God has restored knowledge about the plan of salvation, which is centered on
Christ’s Atonement and fulfilled by living the first principles and ordinances of the gospel." (Preach My Gospel: A Guide to Missionary Service pg.6) However you don't have to be a missionary to make a difference in someone's life. It could be your smile, your laughter, your happiness, it could something small. I know that we are all children of God and that we can all make a difference.
How will you make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment